Friday, August 19, 2011

Peach Crisp

I meant to put this recipe on here last summer but never got around to it. It's super easy and so good! The first time I made it, I used fresh peaches, but it was way too labor intensive, so I recommend using the canned peaches it calls for.

(I had a picture but I can't find it now.)

Peach Crisp:

1 (29 oz) can of sliced peaches, drained {I would recommend using two cans}
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar {I think I do half brown, half white}
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, chilled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer the peaches in a 9x13 baking dish. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Slice the butter into chunks and mix it into the dry ingredients until it looks like pea size crumbs {I use my mixer for this}. Sprinkle crumbs over peaches. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve with vanilla ice cream.


Recipe from allrecipes.com. 

No comments: